Why become a member? ×

Buzzcocks event in May Original lineup including Devoto !

daz

Anyone going to see the Buzzcocks at Manchester on the 25 May ? I'll be there. anyone else on Basschat going ?

[quote]Playing two very special shows featuring their stuff 'n' things and things 'n' stuff from right now to back then, Buzzcocks will arrive at O2 Apollo Manchester on 25th May before rolling into the big smoke on the 26th for a night at O2 Academy Brixton, London.

In a three-part evening of pure Buzzcocks entertainment, they'll kick off with new and contemporary material featuring the current line-up of Pete Shelley (vocals / guitar), Steve Diggle (vocals / guitar), Chris Remington (bass guitar) and Danny Farrant (drums).

Part two sees Pete and Steve perform the United Artists 'classic years' tunes featuring the classic line-up of Shelley / Diggle and Steve Garvey (bass guitar) and John Maher (drums) before the evening's proceedings will be brought to a clamouring close in part three by Pete, Steve, and John being joined on stage for the first time in over 33 years by original co-founder and front man, Howard Devoto!
[/quote]

Yeah Garvey puts out some mean bass lines. A lot of people have no idea how cool they can be. Check em out I says. Here are the UK gigs. I think only Manchester and Brixton are the ones where they are doing the Back to Front thing with Original lineup plus Howard Devoto.

11 May :Dublin
25 May :Manchester
26 May :Brixton

01 June :Poole
02 June :Bath

14 Sep :Edinburgh
15 Sep :Durham

Then to Holland

16 Sep :Tilburg

Edited by daz