Why become a member? ×

I made a preamp, but it doesnt work.....

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1333378341' post='1600813']
Being a hoarder I make my own from the legs off old components which I can't bare to throw away once I've snipped the excess off. They come in handy for all sorts of solder jobs. :D
[/quote]

Thats what i was using as i was going along. unfortunately one jumper was too long, so i used a bit of tinned copper wire.

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1333363313' post='1600476']
Thats the Electrolytic ones ain't it.

I was double checking your pictures as I was ordering and googling images to make sure everything looked okay. Took most of yesterday :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

They are indeed. As i think i mentioned, i got all the components for the preamp from bitsbox except the pots. Where about did you order from?

[quote name='Al Heeley' timestamp='1333360254' post='1600408']
Hoiw cool would it be to fit 2 different circuit pre-amps in one bass then be able to toggle in between them?
[/quote]

would work if you have very colourful cuitcuits. if you had too reasonably neutral sounding circuits then parametric eq points might be more useful

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1333560727' post='1603628']
I'm officially a dick

Ordered 1 Diode instead of 2 and 3 2.2m resistors instead of 4. :dash1: :dash1: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Silly question time.

On yours I see some of the caps are blue. the ones I got are the normal brown ones. does it matter?
[/quote]

Yes, i wanted more a more bluesy sound from this preamp, so i got blue ones. Brown ones will make it muddier.....

But in all seriousness, i only got blue as bitsbox only had that value in tantalum bead style, otherwise i probably would have gone brown myself.

I can also send you a diode and another 2.2m if ya lyk. I bought everything in multiples of 5, except the opamp and pots.

Edited by tommorichards

It just means that the pickups will blend in different directions That one would make a clockwise turn favour source A. Doesnt make any sound difference at all really. But if you turn it clockwise hoping to increase the volume of the bridge pickup, then you would be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...