Why become a member? ×

The Musical Box - The Lamb... - The Apollo this Thursday

ead

Just as a side note has anyone here seen The Watch playing as a Genesis tribute? I'm not that big a fan of Genesis but they are playing reasonably locally so I might give it a go if they are worth seeing. I have a couple of albums of theirs playing their own material and that does sound uncannily like early Genesis.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1331731133' post='1577846']
Just as a side note has anyone here seen The Watch playing as a Genesis tribute? I'm not that big a fan of Genesis but they are playing reasonably locally so I might give it a go if they are worth seeing. I have a couple of albums of theirs playing their own material and that does sound uncannily like early Genesis.
[/quote]

They're really good. They focus on the very early Genesis repertiore, I believe, and also include some of their own material. One of the better Genesis tribs out there in what is becoming quite a crowded market.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1331711102' post='1577389']
I beleive thay have some of the original costumes (or access to them) could be good! Enjoy the show.
[/quote]

I heard they spent in the region of $10000 (Canadian) sourcing the silk made by the same manufacturers that provided the original material for Gabriel's "Watcher" cloak.

Yes, they seem to have all the Lamb costumes, and a very impressive cloak. They also claim to have all 1140 slides from the original production. But unlike the original, they put the slides on in the right order and at the right time. :D
And the singer nailed Gabriel's accent almost perfectly, and kept it up very well through the lengthy spoken introductions. A good night out!

Well folks, 'twas a really good evening. The Lamb right through, then Watcher, then The Musical Box. The slides, lighting etc were really effective and I can only imagine what it must have been like seeing this first time around. I queued for hours and didn't get a ticket way back when flares were cool and I had hair :)

Wish I had gone now! I saw Re-Genesis, yet another Genesis tribute band a year or so ago at the Shepherd's Bush Empire. Sonically, almost spot on. Aside from the singer they didn't really go in for trying to recreate the look. Distractingly, the keyboard player bore a chilling resemblance to Peter Griffin. The singer looked like late-era Keith Moon - very odd to hear that voice coming out.

And Al Murray was there too, singing along.