Why become a member? ×

Good Volume/Expression pedal

lxxwj

I've been looking at the reviews for the FV500L (which supposedly
goes bad in a couple years due to the build quality) and it has terrible reviews, but
no other pedal has both volume and expression that I know of. Do you guys know about
any that are good for both applications?

There's an issue in that pots with an exponential taper are best suited for volume control (the volume pots in your guitars will be exp. pots) due to the way we perceive increases in volume, but a linear taper is best for expression pedal usage. So even though the Boss has sockets suitable for both applications, unless it's got two different pots in there then one of the functions (probably the exp. function given that it looks more of an afterthought) will be less than ideal.

I would look for two pedals if I were you.

Ah, well I suppose I wouldn't want to increase volume and an envelope at the same time.. :P
So what do you suggest for a volume pedal? The Ernie Ball ones are only good for active or passive
electronics only, which is annoying.. I'm looking for something with a variable range so it can be
from silence or from my current signal, like a boost.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1331241421' post='1570300']
The Visual Sound volume pedal has an active boost in it. Also, you can use a regular passive volume pedal like the Ernie Ball as an expression pedal if you have the right cable - stereo jack to two mono jacks.[/quote]

But again the EB volume pedals have an exponential pot in them, which is pretty annoying to use as an expression pedal.