Why become a member? ×

Value of S/H Spector Legend 4

razze06

I've seen this in a shop and it tempts me, but i'm not sure if the price is too steep.

It's a Korean Spector Legened 4, bubinga body, BO neck, 2 SSD humbuckers with 2 band active eq.

The bass has been "well gigged", it's got a lot of dings and wear, but the neck and frets looks fine and it plays well.

I seem to recall that the serial number is 4392, written on the back of the headstock.

Any idea what a fair S/H retail price would be for it? It's currently priced at £349

Looks a little optimistic to me. I sold my 2006 Legend 4 (the previous model with EMG P/Js and 3-band EQ) on here for £200 delivered.

Do you have any idea how old the bass is?

Found a new example:

[url="http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?pid=12134&product=Spector+Bass+Legend+4+Classic+SL4CLBB%2C+New%2C+Bubinga"]http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?pid=12134&product=Spector+Bass+Legend+4+Classic+SL4CLBB%2C+New%2C+Bubinga[/url]

Looks like £349 is a little too steep...

Seriously tempted by one of these anyway, what are they like in real life?

I only played the one in the OP and a EURO 5 string. The euro was fantastic, but costs three times more...

Also, how would it compare to a warwick corvette of similar price?

Edited by razze06

I really enjoyed playing mine and had it for around 5 years. Good for rockier style music I felt with nice bright round-wounds. Sort of regret selling it now.

Very comfortable, well balanced although I have no experience of the Twin Humbuckers/Tone Pump version as mine had the 3-band EQ and P/J pickups.

Incidentally replaced by a Warwick Corvette Std. German made bass.

[quote name='razze06' timestamp='1331745656' post='1578214']
Seriously tempted by one of these anyway, what are they like in real life?

I only played the one in the OP and a EURO 5 string. The euro was fantastic, but costs three times more...

Also, how would it compare to a warwick corvette of similar price?
[/quote]

I wouldn't expect it to get close, if it did I would be shocked. Warwick corvettes are amoung my favourite basses!