Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Brand new (N.O.S.) German Warwick corvette std. 4string trade for a nice P-bass????

Bassdude BE

[color=#ff0000][b][size=5]Will try to ad more better picture's tomorrow as i'm now sure i want to move this,[/size][/b][/color]
[color=#ff0000][b][size=5]would love a trade with a P-bass with added jazzpick-up or humbucker in bridge position![/size][/b][/color]

[b]Just quit my former band yesterday and i'm going to play in a stoner rock band from now on ,[/b]
[b]so i will now also consider trades with 4 string basses P-style basses and fuzz pedals.[/b]

[color=#008000][size=4][b]I'm especially intrested in a trade with a decent P-bass (Sandberg/Fender/Greco/...pref. natural or black/white or burst with rosewood fb)..[/b][/size][/color]

Hi,
i just bought this from Doctorbass 3 weeks ago as i needed a new bass fast and couldn't find a suitable fretless at the time + being a German corvette (new old stock) it was a real bargain and i could not pass on this deal.

The bass was made in 2009 and according to the people at the Warwick CS this was one of the last German made prototype's for the current Korean pro-series, it was stored in Doctorbass's store in Spain ever since untill i bought it from him shortly after winter NAMM this year.
Juan Carcia (Doctorbass himself - who works with T.M.Stevens and many other great players-) gave it a full set-up to my preferences and it plays very easy and fast and sounds MASSIVE for a passive bass.

The bass has an ash body with a beautifull black oil finish that shows the grain of the wood nicely, finished with chrome hardware.
[b]Immediately after purchase i replaced the warwick straplocks with black Schaller straplocks and i also replaced the poti knobs with hi-end ruthenium poti-knobs from Schaller, these and the original ones will come with the bass[/b].

[u]Info about this particular bass from the Doctorbass.net website:[/u]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss][size=1][size=2]CONDITION: [b]NEW[/b][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss][size=1][size=2]Case/gigbag: [b]Gigbag[/b][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss][size=1][size=2]Comments:[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss][size=1][size=2][b]Warwick have discontinued the German version of this model, which was one of the first ones to appear in their production line back in the 80's. We've been lucky enough to get THE LAST German Corvette basses. This model is now poduced in Korea for the same price as the German bass!! Great chance to buy the real thing, with a nice added discount too. [/b][/size][size=2][b]MEC "Dynamic Correction" pickups and same woods and hardware as the rest of the German basses. [/b][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss][size=1][b]This bass comes with the [u]new thinner neck [/u]that is much more comfortable than the old "baseball bat" one. [/b][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss][u][size=2]Info from the Warwick Website:[/size][/u][/font][/color][list]
[*]Bolt-on
[*]Available as 4-, 5- or 6-string
[*]Available as right-handed or left-handed*, as well as fretted and fretless* models
[*]Ash body
[*]Ovangkol neck with Ekanga veneer stripes
[*]Wenge fingerboard
[*]Scale length: 34" (long scale)
[*]24 frets
[*]Passive MEC "Dynamic Correction" J/J pickups with passive electronics or active MEC J/J pickups with active 2-band electronics, 6-string with active MEC soapbars and active 2-band electronics
[*]available in Natural Satin or Coloured Oil Finish (Burgundy Red, Nirvana Black, Honey Violin, Antique Tobacco)
[*]Warwick tuners
[*]2-piece Warwick bridge
[*]Warwick security locks
[*]Chrome hardware
[*]Just-A-Nut III
[*]Weight**: 3,6 kg (4-string), 3,8 kg (5-string), 4,2 kg (6-string)
[*]Warwick Red Label Strings: 4-string: 045" - 105" (42200M), 5-string: 045" - 135" (42301M), 6-string: 025" - 135" (42401M)
[/list]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]Allthough i love how this bass sounds and plays i just can't get used to the thinner neck profile after playing thick chunky neckprofiles over the last 2 years, so i'm thinking of trading this for a 4 string with thicker neck profile, pref. a Precision.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]I prefer something also passive, but i'm open to other offers , so let me know what you have to offer! ;)[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]Also for sale for 650GBP o.n.o. (+ p&p) [/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]although i prefer a trade.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]I can ship the bass in it's gigbag + original packaging , being a sturdy cardboard box with thick cardboard reinforcements around the neck, headstock and lower body (they ship the basses this way from the Warwick shop, so it's very safe!)[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]shipping to the U.K. = + 15GBP[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss][size=5]Bass comes with it's new premium line Rockbag ,original packaging, warwick user kit, new can of beeswax , upgraded black Schaller straplocks + Ruthenium poti knobs and 2 year warranty from Doctorbass.net ![/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss] ;)[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]picture's of the bass:[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss][url="https://picasaweb.google.com/114784379631091607043/25Februari2012"]https://picasaweb.go.../25Februari2012[/url][/font][/color]

Intrested in trades + cash either way,
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]allthough i must say i can't ad a monsterload of cash to the trade (a small amount is doable, but i'm in the middle of moving to a new appartment so cash is short at the moment), but i also have a set of black hipshot ultralites wich i can ad to the trade if there happens to be a big difference in value with whatever you can offer as a trade.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]picture's of the other trade-gear : [/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss][url="https://picasaweb.google.com/114784379631091607043/SpullenTeKoop"]https://picasaweb.go...3/SpullenTeKoop[/url][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]any questions? please ask! [/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]kind regards,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss]peace&grooves! ;)[/font][/color]

Edited by Bassdude BE