Why become a member? ×

Crate BT220 - 15" combo/cab project - £50 o.n.o

Ben Jamin

Hey guys,

My Crate's been sitting around for months now without use, and with my Matamp arriving soon (hopefully!) it's now entirely surplus to requirements - plus I've got my eye on a bass in the for-sale section! ;)
First off, it's [b]not [/b]in working order! The in-built chromatic tuner still functions but somewhere along the line something's gone (sorry I'm not particularly tech savvy!) hence why I'm listing it as a project. The cabinet is very solid with some tough carpeting and a solid metal grill. Two bass ports at the back. The handles are massive and very comfortable and it has removable wheels! There's plenty of room for a relatively extensive amplifier and maybe even 2x10 speakers. Or if you can fix it it's a great combo for small gigs/rehearsing etc. :)

£50 collected/+ postage would be nice! But I'm open to offers of all varieties :)

Features![list]
[*]220 watts
[*]15" driver
[*]4-band EQ
[*]Two-channels (Distortion and Clean) which can be blended and operated via foot-switch
[*]Octave effect operated by foot-switch
[*]FX loop
[*]Extension speaker jack
[*]XLR balanced line out with level control and pre-/post-EQ selection
[*]Ground lift
[*]RCA CD inputs
[*]Headphone jack
[*]Input pad (-20db)
[*]Mute button
[*]Built-in chromatic tuner
[/list]
Pictures!

Thanks for looking! :)

Edited by Ben Jamin

[quote name='Thornybank' timestamp='1331165535' post='1568928']
disable the effects loop and it might come to life
[/quote]

Thanks! I'll look into it :)
Either way it's got to go - new amp's arriving in town soon and there ain't space for the two of 'em!

[quote name='silentbob' timestamp='1331403310' post='1572514'] Tempted. Could this be couriered, and if so, any idea of the cost? [/quote]

Sure thing! Although I've not couriered anything before so not sure where to look - are there any companies you'd recommend/avoid?
If it helps the dimensions are:

24-1/2” H
24-1/2” W
16-1/2” D
87 lbs

Cheers! :)

Edit: If I've done it right, Interparcel quoted me just over £30?

Edited by Ben Jamin

[quote name='silentbob' timestamp='1331513164' post='1574118']
I'll have a ponder on this mate. Do you know if there is an output through the headphone socket?
[/quote]

Good news! I plugged in today for the first time in, well, months - and it seems it's just the input that's dodgy. If you find the 'sweet spot' with the cable, as it were, the signal goes in and comes out like your everyday bass amp! Chromatic tuner and headphone out function perfectly well. :)

Blending the distortion in a little with the clean channel plus a bit of octave makes for quite a fat fuzz, I've discovered!

Edited by Ben Jamin

[quote name='silentbob' timestamp='1331676163' post='1577149']
Thank God for that. I didn't really need this, but it was such a bargain i was having trouble talking myself out of it.
[/quote]

Haha, well it's been sitting around for [i][b]ages[/b][/i] taking up space so it just needed moving on!