Why become a member? ×

FS - 1996 Gibson les paul special 5 string bass - sunburst

kolossusuk

Reluctant sale, but I just don't play it enough to warrant it gathering dust in the 'music room'....

A really beautiful, eye catching 1996 Gibson les paul special [b]5 string [/b]bass - sunburst, ebony fretboard, mother of pearl trapezoid fret inlay and detail, active barts in 9.5/10 condition with original hardshell case (still with plastic blocker on the catch).

This is a rarity, as I am certain you know - especially in this condition -

Serial # 90866715
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
March 27th, 1996
Production Number: 415

New strings and in excellent condition. One tiny ding at bottom of the lower horn (?)

OIRO £1100

Would consider px for USA deluxe precision bass - 4 bloody strings!!

[attachment=101287:!lp51.jpg][attachment=101288:lp52.jpg][attachment=101289:lp53.jpg][attachment=101290:lp54.jpg][attachment=101291:lp55.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

[sub]Hi guys - sorry been away - [/sub]
[sub] [/sub]
[sub]@loweringthetonethe weight? Not sure - around 4 . 5 kg. Ver comfortable to play as well[/sub]
[sub] [/sub]
[sub]@Matty K - maybe interested - do us have pix & details?[/sub]

Hiya,

Check out - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/170535-1977-fender-precision-case-swap-for-5-stringsale/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/170535-1977-fender-precision-case-swap-for-5-stringsale/[/url]

Let me know bud

Matt

Hiya,

Yes its been used over the years and has a story to tell - which is a good thing IMO - its beautifully aged and plays very well. Its a Fullerton bass - SN - S748324 - and im based near Chipping Sodbury (just outside Bristol) - let me know what you think - cheers Matt

Hi Matt - fairly interested but I am in South Essex - around 150 miles away, though I do go into London every day so logistically it is a challenge to see it in the flesh....

What is the story it has to tell, btw and did u retain the bridge cover?

Hiya,

I was presuming it had story given its age!! :D Unfortunately I never had any of the covers (easy to buy though). If your interested in a trade im happy to meet you half way - say Reading? Let me know if interested - cheers Matt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...