Why become a member? ×

Hello from Oxfordshire

ChrisG

Hello

I'm Chris G, I live in Didcot.

I played bass in a band quite some time ago and then got moved to guitar (not for my ability I hasten to add - we had two bass players and I lost the coin toss).

Over the years I drifted away from playing guitar and then came back to it and I finally bought a bass recently. Since I'd always wanted a Warwick (I played one in Bass Centre in Wapping many years ago) I bought a 2007 Corvette $$ 4 string. I have a Genz Benz Shuttle 3 combo so it makes a noise. I kind of feel like I've come home.

Joined the forum because it's UK based, it has a good community feeling to it and because I feel I ought to get involved rather than lurking. It's been a really good source of information on all sorts of aspects of owning a bass and I am sure I will have questions in the future.

Enjoy

ChrisG

Thanks for the welcome

bluejay - even the cut-price Warwicks are expensive enough and they are nice basses. The current price list for the German ones is scary in bass terms but not so bad when compared to something like a PRS guitar. Oddly enough I'm left-handed as well but I inherited a right-handed instrument and that's how I learnt. I tried a Corvette $$ 5-string in (the now departed) Guitarworks in Reading. I quite liked it. A lot of the tunes my brother writes use C and D and the low versions would be really useful. I'll try to learn the 4 first.

Peaty - no, it is real although sometimes it's soot rather than proper snow. However if you are downwind of the power station on a cold morning you do get very fine ice crystals landing on you. Sometimes happens in the winter on the link road to the A34 as you go past. Thankfully I am towards other side of Didcot at home.