Why become a member? ×

Whats louder? EBS vs Markbass

NJE

I have a Markbass LMII and want to switch to a 2ohm head as I have a a EBS Neo 4x10 and in the future want the option to add a 15" cab.

So I fancy a EBS HD350 head but will it compete volume wise with a Markbass LMII running through just a Neo 4x10 4ohm cab?

I am not going on watts as all the talk of 'real watts' with the TC 450 and the EBS Reidmar has completely confused me, so has anyone ever A/B'd the two heads?

Cheers guys and gals.

Edited by NJE

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1330002317' post='1551127']
MY HD 350 into the EO 212 4 ohm cab compared nicely with my old LM2 into a Markbass 8 ohm 4 by 10. To be honest the 350 is LOUD, so you should be fine.
[/quote]

Thanks, I am sure the HD350 will be loud enough as I have read the odd comment that people have had to crank a LM2 to compete with one. I just wanted to check that I definately wouldn't be taking a drop in volume by getting one.

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1330022483' post='1551661']
I only sold mine for size reasons
[/quote]

Me too. In hindsight, wish I'd have stuck with them and gone to the gym a little more ;)

I had a HD350 with Proline 410 and 115 cabs and gigged with them for the best part of 10 years. SERIOUSLY loud it was and I can honestly say I never once needed it turned up to anywhere approaching max volume.

I'm glad the Reidmar has come along. If I can get that blissful EBS tone in something a little more manageable, I'll be a happy bunny.

T

Edited by tonyf