Why become a member? ×

reliable pitch bend (and maybe harmony)

lxxwj

Well, the XP-100 is pretty cool, but there are a few problems:
-note delay. when it's not bypassed, my playing comes out a fration of a second later,
enough to be annoying.
-tracking problems. it can't track well on bass at all.

Now, I'm looking for something that can do accurate and non-delayed octave up pitch bends, and maybe
some whammy-esque harmony as well. Size isn't *exactly* a factor, but I'll only go to
the Whammy DT as a last resort.
...and the pitchfactor is waaay too expensive.

Edited by lxxwj

I found the HOG to have a very slight delay. It may surprise you to know but the Pitchfactor does as well when in pitch bend mode. It's minor, but it's there. Whammy IV & DT were the only pedals that didn't , but they have their own set backs.

I've found the millisecond delay to not be an issue with my playing so it hasn't bothered me.

[quote name='rapscallion' timestamp='1329642987' post='1545084']
Whammy IV does it fine, unless you want to play chords, in which case its the DT, as the IV gets a lot of digitsal interefereence when trying to track chords
[/quote]

The IV is Monophonic and incapable of tracking more than single notes. When you play chords you get a note that glitches and jumps as it can't figure out what the note is. It's an interesting effect! lol. I had a DT and it tracks chords great.