Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! Thanks for the interest everyone!

jamesbass116

Hi everyone!

I'm putting my 5 string Fender up for sale after a few years. It's never really got much playing time and I think it's time to move it on to someone who could make more use of it!

This bass was discontinued by Fender a couple of years ago. So it is now almost impossible to find any of these in music stores. Making it quite unique and collectable.

It comes equipped with Hipshot tuners, Seymour Duncan Basslines and a Gotoh bridge as standard.
The fact this Fender is equipped with such top tech adds to the overall feel and sound and it truly is a remarkable piece of kit.

Due to the unique nature of this bass and the fact it has rarely been used, I'm asking for around [u][b]£400[/b][/u], however I may be able to waver a bit on the price! Also accepting trades if It's a good offer!

I've included some pictures below to give you an idea of how beautiful the bass is.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

James

Edited by jamesbass116

[quote name='GazzBass' timestamp='1329400438' post='1541867']
I have one of the very same, bought it last Autumn can't put it down...... in fact I'm in the process of thinning out the collection due to my obsession! Whereby I'd willing take another! interested in any trades buddy?
[/quote]

Ahhh nice! I would do a trade if you had a New Fender US Deluxe Jazz Bass V but other than that sorry I can't do trades! Let me know if you find the funds though. :)

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1329417869' post='1542271']
Can you remember how much these were new?
[/quote]

From what I remember when I bought it... It's Original price was around between £1000 and £1200. Obviously the price was cut when Fender stopped making it, but these basses are really hard to come by now because no one seems to be willing to sell these great sounding pieces of wood... and this is virtually untouched compared to my main bass (Fender MIM Jazz).

[quote name='jamesbass116' timestamp='1329698582' post='1546215']
After taking some advice from far more experienced members I've dropped the price significantly to a slightly more sensible price of £400.

I shouldn't have trusted my heart when I valued it!! :lol:
[/quote]
Ahh, fair point as they don't seem to float everyones boat.....but they do mine! I think they are worth something approaching your original price especially if mint, however after a haggle I actually paid £400 on the nose for mine. I would be prepared to trade to a greater value rather than £400.......if you are interested, I'll pm you either way buddy!

[quote name='GazzBass' timestamp='1329751270' post='1546732']
Ahh, fair point as they don't seem to float everyones boat.....but they do mine! I think they are worth something approaching your original price especially if mint, however after a haggle I actually paid £400 on the nose for mine. I would be prepared to trade to a greater value rather than £400.......if you are interested, I'll pm you either way buddy!
[/quote]

PM'd back! Sorry for ignoring your first post!!

I'm seriously tempted by the bass as I've been looking for a nice 5 string jazzer. I'm a bit concerned about the space between the pickup and neck being smaller than my regular jazz due to the 24 fret neck and how that would affect my technique. Could you tell me what the measurement is between the two?

I've also read the body is slightly smaller than a usual jazz body? It might also be because of the neck and no pickguard but is the spacing between the two pickups wider than normal?

I really wish I lived closer so I could come look and play.

Edited by Valhalalf

[quote name='Valhalalf' timestamp='1330098339' post='1552774']
I'm seriously tempted by the bass as I've been looking for a nice 5 string jazzer. I'm a bit concerned about the space between the pickup and neck being smaller than my regular jazz due to the 24 fret neck and how that would affect my technique. Could you tell me what the measurement is between the two?

I've also read the body is slightly smaller than a usual jazz body? It might also be because of the neck and no pickguard but is the spacing between the two pickups wider than normal?

I really wish I lived closer so I could come look and play.
[/quote]

The spacing between the end of the neck and the neck pickup on the 24 is smaller by around an inch compared to my 4 string jazz I would say. The body is also around the same size. The actual spacing between the two pickups is the same.

[quote name='jamesbass116' timestamp='1329871775' post='1549050']
Bump! I feel I should make it clear that my preferred bass to trade for would be a 5 string jazz style bass or even a mexican P bass!
[/quote]

Not a Cort Curbow then? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/168477-cort-curbow-5-string-l260-ono/page__p__1553078__hl__cort%20curbow__fromsearch__1#entry1553078"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/168477-cort-curbow-5-string-l260-ono/page__p__1553078__hl__cort%20curbow__fromsearch__1#entry1553078[/url]

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1330253808' post='1554550']
Not a Cort Curbow then? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/168477-cort-curbow-5-string-l260-ono/page__p__1553078__hl__cort%20curbow__fromsearch__1#entry1553078"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1553078[/url]
[/quote]

Sorry mate, that's a very nice bass you've got however it's not what I'm looking for!
Thanks for the interest!

[quote name='Gordon 'Thudmaster' May' timestamp='1330279800' post='1555083']
Hi There! I'm interested in your 5 Jazz if it's still up for sale! PM me or text 07816 680658 Cheers Gordon!
[/quote]

Hi there, Unfortunately, because I was foolish and put my bass up on eBay I can't commit to any sales on here for now. But the listing ends in around 5 hours I believe so if it doesn't sell on there then I am open to offers on here!

Thanks for the interest.