Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Radiohead

steve-soar

If modern R&B encompasses the work of artists like Timbaland, Outkast, et al, then give me that over "upbeat blues of the Chuck Berry variety" any day of the week!

In fact, I think I may get youtube up and watch a bit of Rhianna...

I just thought of another band who would be top of my list of all time most hated band/people.

Bloc Party.

Unfortunately, seem them live. And had the misfortune of sitting with them back stage.

A singer who can't sing, a bass player trying his hardest to look "quirky" and "interesting" and a drummer trying to look like Dr Spock.

Also saw an interview with the singer in the NME and all he did was moan about fame and how fake everybody is. He is the most pretentious pr*ck I have ever heard.

When I'm bigger than the Beatles I will have it written into my contract that Bloc Party are not allowed withing 500metres of me. For my own sanity if nothing else.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='174479' date='Apr 11 2008, 12:37 PM']I quite liked their first album. And the guy has one of the coolest guitars ever ignored by the general public.

I can't off-hand think of any musician that provokes [i]that[/i] strong a negative reaction in me.[/quote]

How about a pair? Daphne and Celeste?

A very fond memory of chortling about hearing they'd been bottled off stage at glasto I think.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='173432' date='Apr 9 2008, 08:46 PM']I'm with the BigBeefChief on this one... (Apart from his lack of taste where jazz is concerned!)

I listened (or at least tried) to the RadioHead tracks from the Jonathan Ross show on YouTube & didn't make it through a single one of them. The singer couldn't hold a tune in a bucket & I could teach a total moron to play those basslines in 30 mins flat. So not very musically challenging & a dreadfully depressing durge to boot!

Oh dear, I sound like my Dad!

Oh yes, the point of the thread... Yes, the sound mix quality was lovely for tv studio stuff. Pity about the content, that's all :)[/quote]

+1

And am I the only person worried that the singer's head will wobble so hard it comes right off?

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='173445' date='Apr 9 2008, 09:18 PM']Oh, go on then... But you first![/quote]

So you'd shag Dolly Parton after you had shagged the Big Beef Cheef?

That's what I call eclectic taste! :)

High marks for stamina too, come to think of it

[quote name='dlloyd' post='173481' date='Apr 9 2008, 10:19 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAGuc9DkoKE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAGuc9DkoKE...feature=related[/url][/quote]

I'm loving Colin's Ashdown rig and tasty P-bass. A lovely solid fundamental tone. Good stuff.

Radiohead aren't for everyone. But I think they're super-fabbo.

Toughie.

The Eraser had some great moments but was obviously a side-project kinda thing - not a classic album.

I wasn't actually that amazed by the soundtrack to There will be Blood. I've not heard Bodysong so I can't comment.

If I saw Thom on the street I'd be too afraid to talk to him. If I saw Johnny I wouldn't recognise him.

In conclusion: Phil Selway.