Why become a member? ×

ESP LTD B-404

Pkomor

i'm looking at getting a LTD B-404

[url="http://www.drumpower.com.au/store/product.php?productid=333&cat=85&page=1"]http://www.drumpower.com.au/store/product....t=85&page=1[/url]

i have tried one out in a shop, and I liked the feel and the sound etc, but I was just wondering if there are any horror stories etc, or opinions, good or bad.
I play funk/rock/jazz and have a budget of roughly £850 and although this is below budget i think it is pretty good....

Edited by Pkomor

I have an ESP guitar. Its well constructed and I have never had any issues aside from the jack input which craps out sometimes but that's nothing major really.

Its pretty light, easy to play and does what I ask of it. Though the bass probably wont hold much value given ESPs niche with metal/hard rock bands.

ive got the old viper 254, its a decent take on an SG shape IMO, and "agressive" would suite it best.
probably the heaviest bass ive owned in every sense, the volume pot is dodgy on it but any bass can have a fault i guess.

its currently sat on a my rack and its not been played since i aqquired my fender couple of months ago, but what i wanted in a bass changed.

anecdote aside, if its what you want then go fo' it. a couple of guitarists i know both have LTD's also and both are borderline too affectionate of them... :)

also the LTD surveyors look bargainous on GAK. last years models i guess

I have a very nice ESP neck-thru Guitar that my daughter's taken posession of. If you like it, it's not too heavy and you're not concerned about resale value I'd go for it and if it does what you want it to ignore all the 'a 1973 P bass is loads better' comments.

Peter

They do look very nice and if you like the way it looks, sounds and plays then i see no reason why you shouldn't get it!
I've also heard that the higher end ESP/LTDs are very good in the way of sound and construction. I have a friend that loves them, he's had a few ESPs, a couple of LTDs and is currently playing an edwards (ESP's japanese counterpart). I've not heard a lot wrong with them to be honest.

thanks for the replies!

i have worked out, using a scheme through my local school, I could actually get it for £580 not £820

my only concern is that for the money there could be something alot better!
i also tried the musicman SUB and a few p-basses with the new 'S-1' switch but I think i preferred the esp...

Go for it then.

If you like the instrument and it suites your needs and budget then get it and happy playing.

If you do save money on it through your school then there isnt anything stopping you further down the line getting another bass is there? Also, if you do buy it and its obvious that it isnt right then im sure whichever shop you pick it up from would let you swap it.

Good luck with it.