Why become a member? ×

First Gig on DB Tomorrow Afternoon

Maxcat

First ever gig on DB tomorrow afternoon playing the Union Chapel in Islington." Gulp",. Playing in a Nick Heywards Trio that might turn into a 4 piece with sax for a few numbers.. Stripped down versions of his hits along with some new material. Break both my legs please.

Also on the bill Cowbois Rhos Botwnnog and Samantha Wates. Free entry and free dodgy intonation.What more can you ask for. Just now experiencing a sphincter factor of 7 on the richter scale.

Thanks to Gilmour and Gareth for making this possible.

Cheers all

Don

Edited by Maxcat

Very best of luck. Above all enjoy it. Have fun. If you do, they will.

If you're really stressed about intonation, put a little white sticky paper dot on the edge of the fingerboard at the A and G. Since I started doing that I've never had a worry about getting completely lost, even when I jump about.

Not very PC in some circles, I know. :)

Edited by fatback

[quote name='fatback' timestamp='1328263969' post='1524511']

If you're really stressed about intonation, put a little white sticky paper dot on the edge of the fingerboard at the A and G. Since I started doing that I've never had a worry about getting completely lost, even when I jump about.

Not very PC in some circles, I know. :)
[/quote]

I still do this - particularly at festivals where the stages are big and the onstage sound may be less than optimal.
I do feel guilty about it, but then I think that given the choice between annoying the DB purists and being in tune, I'd rather be in tune.