Why become a member? ×

High quality pro band required for major corporate event!

molan

My wife is working on a team that's booking a band for a big corporate event at the end of Feb.

They've been given a shortlist of just 1 band from the agency running the bulk of the event and, having seen some of their material, I wasn't desperately impressed :(

I'm not going to name names here just in case someone knows them!

Anyway - she's interested in looking at alternatives so I thought I'd ask if anyone here wants to put themselves forward or recommend someone they think are really good.

This is for a pretty high end, top dollar, corporate event - they've already booked a very expensive DJ to play after the band.

Style of music isn't fixed but they will be looking for a fairly wide potential range of songs and some real showmanship as well. As an example the band they are currently looking at are an 11 piece with horn etc.

Venue will be just outside and west of London.

I'd love to try and point this the way of a fellow BC'er so hit me up if you fancy it :)

Probably best to send details by PM :)

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1327530107' post='1513092']
http://www.swaytheband.com/meet_the_band.php

Featuring my friend Nick Owen on bass. They're a great outfit - Richard Branson has used them quite a few times in various locations around the globe
[/quote]

I know Nick - great guy :)

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1327529897' post='1513086']
Typical Agency.... shortlist of one... <_<
[/quote]

That's exactly what I said to my wife!

Then she showed me a vid and I pointed out that the singer came in late and the horns were a) not playing the part correctly and B) fractionally ou of time.

Probably wouldn't notice any of this live but my first thought was that if they can't be bothered to sort stuff like this on their promotional material how 'professional' are they really. . .

Well....

Don't know really.... a swish website and pr material is great.... like that band that's been put forward above, nothing special but the marketing is nice.
I know for a fact that the promotional material for my band is not great but we get booked and re-booked for these sort of gigs all year long from people seeing us live so you can never tell.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1327534437' post='1513178']
That's exactly what I said to my wife!

Then she showed me a vid and I pointed out that the singer came in late and the horns were a) not playing the part correctly and B) fractionally ou of time.

Probably wouldn't notice any of this live but my first thought was that if they can't be bothered to sort stuff like this on their promotional material how 'professional' are they really. . .
[/quote]