Why become a member? ×

New tune recorded - completely genre-less but have a listen!

Duarte

This tune just started out as a bassline I recorded over christmas, then my brother just sent me this tune which has been built around it.

Let us know what you think...

[url="http://soundcloud.com/louis-duarte/last-crusade"]http://soundcloud.com/louis-duarte/last-crusade[/url]

Thanks guys and gals

Is that an Upright on there? Another one of those cases where its not my usual bag, (though i do like a bit of oldschool hip-hop on the quiet!) but I quite like it. Shades of "The Streets" meets "Dizzy Rascal" meets early "Fun Lovin Criminals".

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1327443086' post='1511440']
That's f***ing GOOD! I really like it!

You have a really good ear for a tune mate.

What happened to those tunes you did for a childrens' album? They were so good, even for old buggers like me, I loved them.
[/quote]

Ah Thanks! We've started just mass recording basslines and building these tunes around them. It seems to work quite well :)

The children's stuff has been put aside for now while we try and find someone to do artwork for the cover. We've had a few great people do fantastic work, so it's getting there slowly. I really want to get those out! Especially if they're appealing to older people too...

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1327447187' post='1511561']
Love it! Sounds very fresh and original - kinda like 'The Streets vs. Roni Size', or something.
[/quote]

Hah! This is probably because all we listen to at the moment is the streets and Roni Size! :)

This is on overwhelmingly positive response...thanks. Beats are programmed, bass and snare sampled from a Tom Waits tune.

Our mate (who is essentially the third member of this band) is working on his own remix, which I'll post when it's done. His work is always unbelievable!