Why become a member? ×

Hay everybody

harleyheath

hello, to all in bass chat land,

I very new here so I thought i'd introduce myself to you all, an say what a wonderful place this seems to be, I'm sad to say I have only just discovered it, on recommendation from one of your own, love the fact that it has so many dedicated forums so you don't have to go through lots of stuff to get to where you want, an on top of that every one seems very nice an very knowledgeable! wish I'd found it earlier!

Hopefully time permitting I'll be popping in quite a bit! my name is Heath, i'm 46, live in corby, northants an run 'Ruach Custom Bass Guitars' (pronounced : roo-aak) I would like to every now an then post up a pic or two of builds going through the workshop, if thats ok? It seems a good place to show what i'm doing an to get feed back, good or bad always nice to get a handle on what people like or current trends.

I started building basses after I left "totnes school of guitar making" around 7-8 years a go, I am a carpenter, joiner and cabinet maker by trade an love working with wood, I've been playing for around 27 years (crap, you think I'd be good by now, lol) and I guess the two had to join one day, so my love of bass and my love of wood has turned into a passion of building, and it is a passion! after 7 odd years I still get excited when I get the first bit of wood an make that first cut, the thrill of the build, the satisfaction at the end an the joy of hearing it play! I never want to just be putting out basses that look, sound an feel the same, I truly hope to push myself in my building till I stop building an hope that every build an with every customer I learn something new! I do believe you never stop learning, and I like to try something new each time!
I believe building is a journey of innovation, education and dedication!
I have a web site which is woefully out of date an I shall be updating that in the next few months.

so if no one tells me to bugger off i'll post a couple of pics to night.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.
have a great day and be cool to all you happy slappers, finger thumpers an party pickers!

Heath

Edited by harleyheath

First off, welcome aboard.

However, if this is a commercial venture (and it sounds like it is, you mention customers) then perhaps you should read this: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/394-forum-guidelines/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/394-forum-guidelines/[/url]

Sorry for the party pooping, it's not my policy, and ultimately you can do what you like but better I point it out now than you find your threads being deleted later on.

Shame, I was looking forward to that.

I completely understand the reason for the rule and support it, but could the rule be modified to include occasional builds from builders? I find it really interesting. (I realise this would therefore need someone to keep an eye, but I'm sure if any of us felt things were going beyond the interesting we could point it out.)

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1327529448' post='1513078']
Shame, I was looking forward to that.

I completely understand the reason for the rule and support it, but could the rule be modified to include occasional builds from builders? I find it really interesting. (I realise this would therefore need someone to keep an eye, but I'm sure if any of us felt things were going beyond the interesting we could point it out.)
[/quote]

Surely all that needs to be done is the builder encourages the customer to come on here and get all excited about their imminent arrival?

Hello,
yh I re-posted on affiliate's, which I think is the right place :blush: so if any wants to take a gander its on there, i'll post new stuff in the same post so I don't have lots of different posts as that would seem wrong.
thanks veletkevorkian, means a lot! :)
thats a good idea Neepheid I should ask if I sell one if they come here an if not encourage them to pop in.

Edited by harleyheath