Why become a member? ×

Help A Newbie Out?

Hotel352nd

Hey there yall..

So ive been playing bass for about a year now. on a pretty sh*t setup.. literally a tiger (I KNOW thats even a make?) beginner bass and amp...

So its finally time to upgrade :D

BuT

I have a budget x,x

Thats where i need a little help..

What im looking for is an amp that can do a fair amount of sound.. that was terrible.. ill try again... I need to be loud enough to do like a small hall.. like a school hall ish sortof size... as sort of the loudest it can go...

As for the guitar itself.. what im after is a fair tonal range.. but really anything that looks and sounds nice..

my budget for the two is only 500 though.. and even so it is a lot of money.. so idont wanna mess it up...

So

Please help me bass chatters.. your my only hope D:

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1327258198' post='1508475']
You need to start trawling the for sale secton - sure there's a lot of expensive gear on there but at the moment, for example, Psychocandy has a 4x10 Laney combo up for £165 leaving you plenty from your budget for a decent s/h bass on here.
[/quote]
+ 1
Trace Elliots are great amps, keep an eye on gumtree, ebay, BC.
As for basses, try as many as you can in guitar shops, then look for the one you like second hand.