Why become a member? ×

Slap Reccomendations ?

BassMan94

So I've really started getting into the Slapping part of bass, I love it.

There are also so many great players out there but because of their greatness their pieces are also Hard !

I can play things like Marcus Millers - Power, What is Hip (Slightly) - A bit of Louis Johnson and some others.

Just wanted to know what other artists are out there ?

I just want to learn some nice funky slap bass and create my own ideas from them.

Thanks

( A list of artist's and songs would be amazing)

[i]Any Stanley Clarke, Level 42, Larry Graham, Flea,Victor Wooten,Alain Caron solo and with Uzeb, Will Lee, Juraj Griglak, Julian Crampton with Incognito, Ed Poole amazing and much under rated UK bassist, and many more. I'm sure I've missed a few and others will come and add to the thread.[/i]

[i]Good luck.[/i]

Edited by M-N-Y

As well as learning existing slap basslines I like to visit the site below for ideas and inspiration..I use parts of some of the riffs to build other riffs..BTW MarloweDK is a god!!

[url="http://playbassnow.com/category/playing-styles/slap/"]http://playbassnow.com/category/playing-styles/slap/[/url]

Agreed to everything so far, it was seeing a lad at school slapping out Can't Stop by the Chili's that made me want to take up bass in the first place, coolest thing ever! Also check out anything by TM Stevens, anything by Les Claypool, The Reddings, Stuart Zender and/or Jamiroquai, You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon, Forget Me Nots by Patrice Rushen, One World by Dire Straights, Slow Ride by Foghat, City Lights by Chic, Get On The Floor by Michael Jackson, Let's Work and I'm Yours by Prince, Magic Touch and Righteous Rhythm by Rose Royce, Pull Up To The Bumper by Grace Jones... I could go on all night!