Why become a member? ×

New Cab Day!

grunge666

From my other post:

Well my Super Twelve came yesterday and I took it down to our rehearsal room for and hour at 6pm. Ran the 25Hz sinewave through it just to get the drivers moving for a bit.
Flattened all the EQ on the 3Pro and left the SansampRBI off.
Started tweaking the EQ and hit the low button to boost the bottom end as advised and thought I'd run through a few basslines and mess about for a bit ....... 3 hours later I called it a night!
I can't explain how good this cab is!
My HLF kicked ass but this kicks its ass!
All the bottom end I loved is still there but the mid cut through is phenomenal! It's just ALL there!
I was thinking I'd miss the tweeter but nah, I don't need it, I can boost the highs with the sansamp and add a bit of drive to get the full on dirt.
To be honest my SVT 3 never sounded so good and I think over the last couple of hours I've decided I'm sticking with it!
I'm glad I took the gamble on Barefaced and the posts on here really helped me make, for me, a big descision.
I need a Barefaced tshirt now for on stage!

They're damn good cabs, aren't they! I went tweeterless too, and haven't regretted it at all. When I first plugged my S-12 in at rehearsal, it was aimed straight at our lead guitarist and I'd forgotten to turn the master down on my HA5500 from its usual '3' to something more befitting a sensitive cab.. made the bugger jump ;)