Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ashbory Bass SOLD

tayste_2000

Bought this from Pantherairsoft last year and it's by far the best Ashbory I've owned and played but I've barely touched it over the Christmas period and with my wedding up coming I'm try to at least make it look like I'm making an effort.

The bass is in great shape and currently strung with the black Pahiehoe strings which cost £20 and comes with a full set of original white ones. The black sets do make a very big difference to the feel of this bass while keeping that big uprighty tone.

Can't fault it at all, just doesn't get used so I'd like it to go to someone who will really enjoy it.

Also included are a selection of the regular strings, enough to make a full set plus spares. The Pahiehoe strings have had hardly any use and cost £20.

Pics from Pantherairsoft's thread (hope he doesn't mind)

Ideally I'm after £180 which is a little less than what I paid/traded for it but I'm open to offers

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000

The feel and tension is better than the standard white strings, some people say the sound is more fretless like than the upright sound of the white strings, personally they sound very similar but I'm going from memory as opposed to a direct comparison.

Definitely worth a try though

The main difference in my experience is that the Pahoehoes last much better and are not "sticky" to the touch in the same way as the silicone white strings. I think the sound is marginally better with the silicones, but the feel and durability of the Pahoehoes make them a no-brainer, for me. YMMV, naturally :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1328007098' post='1520085']
The feel and tension is better than the standard white strings, some people say the sound is more fretless like than the upright sound of the white strings, personally they sound very similar but I'm going from memory as opposed to a direct comparison.

Definitely worth a try though
[/quote]