Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT Vintage Head NOW SOLD

Clarky72

Not 100% sure if I really want to sell this. It's my baby, Its the one thing I'd rush into my house for if it was on fire to rescue...on the flip side it doesn't get enough use now that I'm not playing big gigs all the time.

Built in 1987 when Ampeg was taken over, made in USA not Asia out of SVT parts but effectively supercharged!

Here's a brief history of the amp from one of the guys who actually built it: [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/skunkworks-svt-35924/index2.html#post5746057"]LINK[/url]

Its a monster. You will never find a better Ampeg tone, if you've always wanted that legendary Ampeg thunder then this is it, plus some more...

Pics below....

It's hard to put a price on it, but I'm thinking £1250.

Possible trade for your Barefaced S12T Super Twelve if you have one?

Edited by Clarky72

All in great condition considering it's now 25 years old. Minor scuffs on the tolex, and a few paint scuffs on the knobs. Most of the other ones I've seen of the 500 have lost a knob or two...

Edited by Clarky72

[quote name='bassintheface' timestamp='1326405706' post='1496936']
are you looking for a cash only deal if you were to part with it?
[/quote]

I was really, what were you thinking? You don't have a Barefaced S12T you want to trade for it do you? ;-)

H
[quote name='Blowupsexcat' timestamp='1327776718' post='1516683']
You looking for trades/part exes mate?
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the offer but cash sale only unless you have a Barefaced S12T you want to trade with me?
Cheers
Steve