Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM1000 due

Bigwan

Maybe late to the game (some would say 'as usual') but I note from Ashdown's Facebook page that they have a 1kw ABM in the works with a 'digital' power section AND it's a proper 1000 watts into 4 ohms, unlike the next to useless ABM900 twin, non-bridgeable power amp arrangement.

I'm interested to hear what it's like as my only real problems with my ABM amps were weight and (on occassion) they lacked a bit of oomph! I think perhaps the LB550 or 550 Dual Tube Spyder may be more up my street tone-wise now though...

I think this is the model that Shavo From SOAD has been using recently. Although he described it as if it's a Abm Evo 900 that goes to 11.

I've literally just sold an ABM 900. Thus I can't get excited about their new offerings.

Edit - and the lack of 'oomph' is probably due to the inherent Ashdown tone that scoops all the mids, and life, out of the sound.

Edited by sixdegrees

[quote name='sixdegrees' timestamp='1326308263' post='1495310']
Edit - and the lack of 'oomph' is probably due to the inherent Ashdown tone that scoops all the mids, and life, out of the sound.
[/quote]

No I was always happy with the sound. It was the raw volume I had an issue with. Not all watts are created equal. My current no.1 amp is the Terror Bass. Comparing it to Ashdown's 500 watt offerings and there is no comparison...

• 4 months later...