Why become a member? ×

Xotic X-Blender or SFX S&M

ikay

Xotic X-blender - http://www.xotic.us/effects/x_blender/ (£195)

OR

SFX Split & Mix - http://www.sfxsound.co.uk/mainpage.asp?page=sm (£125)

Anyone have any experience in using either of these pedals? Any comments on good or bad points would be appreciated.

I'm looking to add a rack synth to my rig (Proteus 2000, midi triggered from the bass) and want to be able to easily switch from straight bass to synth or an adjustable mix of both.

Cheers

The X-blender is also a great piece of kit - rock solid and more than just a blend pedal with EQ and boost options . also has a big enough blend dial to be able to blend mid song if required (with a bit of practice)! :D

Thanks Mace, and yes I'm torn between both which is why I put up this thread! I'm not too bothered about the eq on the X-Blender but I do like the blend dial. I've read a couple of comments about the X-Blender adding a bit of hiss to the signal. That may just be on higher eq/boost settings but have you experienced any problems with this at all?

No hiss for me, but if you get over zealous with the EQ or boost it can get a bit rowdy depending on what's in it's loop... I think the EQ and boost dials/button are small for a reason, they need a little consideration in their use - hope this helps!