Why become a member? ×

swirl mark remover

essexbasscat

Forgive me if this one's been done before. Does anyone know a good swirl mark remover available in the UK ?

Many polishing agents are great for buffing up faded finishes and cutting back materials to remove very small marks, but they leave swirl marks behind, the kind you can see if you hold a poly finish at a shallow angle. They look like very fine (often) circular scratches.

Ideally, a swirl mark remover would also leave a gloss finish on a scratchplate too (after much polishing).

I'd like to avoid silicone agents (residue) and other things that leave some kind of residue on the surface which makers often claim is for protection.

Anyone know of a good swirl mark remover ?

Thanks all

Edited by essexbasscat

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Farecla-G10-500-500ml-Fine-compound/dp/B003V3ME8Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326192204&sr=8-1"]Here[/url]'s what I use.
I get it free from a pro body-repairer mate of mine.
It does funny things to your hands though (toughens the skin and turns them black if you play guitar shortly after using) so use with care. :)