Why become a member? ×

Please delete post thanks.

jimbobothy

As you suggest, it might be a resonance issue due to stronger coupling of neck and body making the strings oscillate with more energy than before in some positions. To test this try adding some mass to the headstock using a Fat Finger or a clamp of some sort. If the buzz moves to a different position then it's most likely a new resonant hot spot. This can sometimes be tuned out or minimised by adjusting the setup or using a different string type/gauge.

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1326139798' post='1492904']
The trus-rod is pretty much the same as it was before the install so I can only think that the inserts change how the body and neck vibrate in relation to each other somehow. It played really nicely before the inserts were installed, now it's not as nice :huh:
[/quote]

I have noticed that the necks on my Fenders will shift when I take them off for any length of time, and when I put them back on it takes them a while to get back to where they were. Giving them a good firm flex back and forth a few times seems to help. Before anything drastic might be worth letting it settle, and then re-checking the relief, action etc.