Why become a member? ×

ARIA PRO II SB-1000

ANDIS

I am no expert on guitars so if anyone wishes to correct me or offer any further information or help on this item feel free.

This was part of my brothers bass collection and I think from the serial number (3012081) it is a 1983 ARIA PRO II SB-1000.

I had a professional friend check it out and he said it sounded spot on. In very good condition but for a few small lacquer chips. Has a case, strap, stand and spare pick up with it.

Will have to be collected from Bourne Lincolnshire by the purchaser.

As for price, well I know it is in better condition than most I have seen before. I do want it to go to someone who will love it and enjoy it rather than some random scrote on Ebay which is my next option.

Have been told to ask for £750 ono by a couple of people. If its too little you get a bargain and if it's too much then make me an offer.

Any questions then please ask me.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Edited by ANDIS

I'm trying so hard not to make you an offer - I have one of the 2003 John Taylor signiture editions and it's a lovely bass, however it would be very nice to also have an 80's original. By the way, I see a "Kent Armstrong" box in one of your pictures and assume it's had its pickup changed, do you know if the original is still in working order?

Edited by darkandrew

I don't know if the pickup was changed or if the original works or if the one in the box is the original or if it is a spare as he had a few sb's.
Having learnt a little bit more from the internet about this model of guitar it seems possible that the original one could have failed and been replaced... although my brother wasn't the sort of bloke to hang on to a broken part in a box.. he would have just thrown it away.

Any way to test the one in the box without putting it on a guitar?

It's quite common for the pickups to fail in these so it may well be that the pickup in the bass is a replacement and the one in the box is a bit "iffy". Looking at the pictures, the pickup in the box looks like it has more scratches on it than the one in the bass - backing up the possibility that it's been replaced. I'm still tempted by this one, it's not often that these come up in this good condition but maybe having two is an extravagance.

The texture on the finish and edge profiles of the pickup in the bass currently are wrong, and the knobs are replacement. I'd put my money on the original being fried (once they start to go there's pretty much nothing you can do with them).

Edited by noelk27

• 3 months later...