Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB424x prices

sykilz

Been looking at these online for a while,quite like the o.t.t rock monster design,and just found them for £355 at Soundslive,has anyone any good/bad stories about the basses or the online store please?? Cheers. Currently I`m using a Mex P with SD quarterpounders in, quite happy with it, but got the GAS......

I bought a black 424x last May and have been very pleased with it. My other bass is a CV60 Jazz and the quality is about the same with the BB a bit heavier and the outpick from the pickups VERY MUCH higher. I did try the 1024x but in my novice hands there was no real noticable difference.

If it was stolen I would buy another one, maybe in white though.

I've not used that store but have bought a few things from DV247 recently who have been very good and have them at the same price.

As a bb414 owner I agree these look great, pups look the same as 414 and if they are that means hot. Try whybuynew who advertise on eBay for a better price?
I like the string thru at 45' and the multiple layer neck, I saw one in the red and it looked stunning.
It's gonna be good, it's a yamaha!

Got a BB424x in tobacco burst - very happy with it indeed, has a good range of tones, nice neck and is well made, I'd get another one! Strangely I also have a Mexican P with SD quarter pounders! I think the 2 complement each other nicely as both cut well through the mix, but one of my guitarists prefers the BB424's sound, particularly with the bridge p/u up.