Why become a member? ×

The Mariana Hollow's new video - female fronted alt metal

Scotticus

Thought I'd pop this up here as proof that I do get around to making rumbly noises with all the gear I buy off BC.

This is my band, The Mariana Hollow. the song "Your Halo" is taken from our second record which will be out February 13th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI8Xrup5akw

I realise there's not much to comment on in the way of fancy bass chops on this tune, but any feedback on my tone or what we do as a band is welcome... it's good to talk :)

Cheers
Scott

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1325770344' post='1487368']
Kate Bush fronting a metal band. Marvellous! (I genuinely like it)
[/quote]

Interesting comparison, certainly makes a change from the standard "ooh, you guys should open for Evanescence" one we get. Glad you liked it man :)

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1325707303' post='1486504']
Is that Richie on guitar? I used to bump into him a lot at our gigs. In fact we might even have gigged with you at some point - my memory is awful.
[/quote]

Spot on Cosmo, the huge wookie-like guitar player is Richie.Nope, we haven't gigged with Sons of Merrick, but would be chuffed to do so. Shoot me a PM if you chaps ever need an opener.

[quote name='Scotticus' timestamp='1326055576' post='1491750']
Spot on Cosmo, the huge wookie-like guitar player is Richie.Nope, we haven't gigged with Sons of Merrick, but would be chuffed to do so. Shoot me a PM if you chaps ever need an opener.
[/quote]

Alas I haven't been their bass player since June. But things are rolling on very nicely for them! Keep an ear open for the new album, should be out in the next couple of months - I'm on that. :D