Why become a member? ×

Boss MD-2 MegaDistortion pedal *** SOLD ***

mcnach

This is a pedal designed for downtuned guitars, ensuring good low end distortion whilst retaining definition... which makes it work very nicely on bass too.

The pedal looks as new. I used it lightly for about 6 months.

Controls:
- Overall level
- dual knob Tone/Bottom: allows adjusting bottom and treble distortion separately, and retain definition
- Distortion level
- Gain Boost

The distortion and gain boost controls are very interactive.

You can get a wide range of sounds, from gritty warm fuzzy overdrive to insanely distorted bass.

£45 delivered

Edited by mcnach

Yes, I owned an ODB3 and was not happy at all. The MD2 was a total surprise. I read about it on Talkbass, I think, and decided to have a go... and it worked. But after the arrival of the Darkglass B3K I think I found *the* one for me :)

Anyone can quite happily pick this up and get a great sound.
More than enough low end and plenty of gritty growly options, I just found it MUCH more useable 'in the mix' than the ODB-3.

Cool :)
Si

[quote name='RandomProddy' timestamp='1326196001' post='1493514']
Fancy going swapsies on a Boss DS-2?
[/quote]

Sorry, I'm a bit distorsionoverdrived-out at the moment, that's why the MD-2 has to go. I accumulate dirt boxes too easily and I cannot use them all. :)

The only effects I would consider are:

Digitech Synth Wah - I already have one, and I have recently re-discovered it. I could use two in my pedalboard so that I don't have to kneel and twiddle knobs between songs.

DHA VT1 - It seems like an interesting pedal I would like to try

Tech21 VT-Bass v2 - with extra cash your way. Same reason, it seems interesting and would love to try one properly.

EBS Valvedrive - with extra cash your way.

I also have an MXR bass envelope filter I could use to trade. I have bought it new just a few weeks ago and sold my EHX micro Q-Tron... and now I realise I miss the micro Q-Tron and I'm not entirely happy with the MXR, despite being more tweakable.

• 3 weeks later...