Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Rim Marseer 4 through-neck honey buckeye top - TRADED

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1325856270' post='1488804']
Unfortunately it's not the weight of the bass that's the problem, or how it sits on my back/neck. It's the shape and how that causes my arm to sit, because I have to rest my arm on the body (for reasons mentioned earlier). If the body isn't the correct shape, that's what causes the problem.

My Alembic Triple O, which I had to sell because of its weight (approx 11lbs or so) which affected my prolapsed lumbar disc, didn't cause any arm problems whatsoever; in fact apart from the weight it was fantastically comfortable and my right arm loved it. This is only 8lbs but causes the aforementioned problems. My Jazz was approx 9lbs and also did. My Statii were similar weight but were excruciating to wear. I could wear a 4 pound bass that's the wrong shape and have the same problems. I was just born lucky!

FWIW, I went through all the strap issues trying to save my Alembic (my dream bass), but to no avail.
[/quote]

Ok worth a shot to save a nice bass.
Still sorry to see things turn out like this.

What about a bass stand. Would that help or do you still need to rest your arm on the bass. ?
I'm persistant to say the least :lol:

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7