Why become a member? ×

Maarten_E would like to say hello.

Maarten_E

Hello everyone,

First, I'd like to wish you all a happy 2012! :)

I'm Maarten, 18 years old, and I live in the Netherlands. I stumbled upon Basschat by reading some good stories of it on the Dutch Bassguitarforum, basgitaarforum.nl
I really love the bass since I was a little kid, I listened to a few albums, and I always heard a bomming sound underneath the guitars, and I couldn't discribe what it was, but after a few years I knew it was the Bassguitar.

I play bass for about 2 years, and I have the following basses:

'08 Squier Affinity Precision.
I bought it for 15€ from a friend of mine. It plays very well, but it's looks weren't thaat good. The headstock and Pickfuard were damaged by a fire lighter :mellow: , but it played really well. Some months ago, I decided to renovate the Precision, because I really like the sound of a P-bass, and I still have a normal stock Squier Jazz Bass Vintage Modified to play with.
Things modified:
This was here being standard:

This is what she looks like now, with the following modifications:
- Fender Bridge Cover
- Different Lime Green Pickguard
- New strings: D'Addario Nickle Flatwounds
- New Fender Strap

To be installed:
- New Bridge
- Different tuners (I'm working out how to install them of an Affinity, they seem to have different measures)
- New CTS Pots
- Maybe different Pickups, but I'm not sure.
- The headstock will be renovated to his original condition, and it might become a MHS with the body colour.

My Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass:
The Jazz Bass has a simple modification: The tone knobs are the Fender ones, the black with white dial version, I'll post a good photo of them both very soon :)

Amplification:
A simple Ampeg BA-108, I don't need more :)

Edited by Maarten_E

[quote name='rOB' timestamp='1325521442' post='1483917']
Welcome to the forum. Are you playing in a band at the moment?
[/quote]
Thanks for the welcome!
No, I don't play in a band, I'm just practicing by listening to the music I like, and play along with the bassline.
Also, I watch some covers from others to learn by myself and to learn some techniques, but I think I'm too bad to play in a band... :P