Why become a member? ×

EBS Unichorus - Gain trim pot?

Merton

Hello one and all and happy new year :)

I have an interesting question; my EBS Unichorus is great but it seems to have a massive volume difference with clean vs effect, whereby effect is totally dominating the band mix. Is there a trim pot inside the pedal (black label) which I can lower the gain of the effected signal or do I just need to ride the volume control on my bass a bit?

Cheers ears :)

I find the Unichorus gives a slight boost in volume, though I suspect it's actually a boost in the higher mid frequencies that make it cut through. If I'm not mistaken there is a trim pot inside, but this is a mix/blend of the chorus effect. This is 'supposed' to come from the factory (if you bought it new) at 50/50. Reducing this 'may' lessen the volume shift, but may also change the sound of the effect - which could be undesirable!

Yeah I suspected the same re the hi mid boost, especially since it has become a lot more prominent since going to GK amps which seem to have a lot more mid presence than my old Eden.

I may take a screwdriver to it and have a play then but I might just have to be sensible with my bass volume instead ;)

Edited by Merton

Maybe OTT - But if you have the room on a pedalboard it's not a bas idea, simply because the LS-2 is hands down the best pedal in the world and everyone should own one. It does a million and one things and the number of times I was in a studio with an odd situation to sort out when the engineer said 'if only you had an LS-2' - I've always had one since. :)

• Like 1