Why become a member? ×

Help with info on my new bass

Astrosmurf

Hi Guys,

Im a complete noob player and was offered a bass that i bought purely cos i went " Wow thats nice "

I know its a Jap Fender 94/95 ish but from what ive been told its some sort of reissue and an unusual colour - i was wondering if anyone may be able to give me some more info on it or tell me wether ive been told wrong.

Either way doesnt really matter as i love it anyway and think it was a deal at £300

Its actually yellower in real than it looks in the pics

Thanks in advance

Damn!
She's a sister of mine!

But mine's customised a lot. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/149190-1993-custom-fender-p-bass-mij/"]LINK[/url]

I have been reseaching for six months now and I still don't know what is it. The body appears to be some sort of FotoFlame finish, but necks a classic 57RI. These can be some kind of factory customs, you know, as if them Japanese builders had one nect to few, so they fitted a classic, not FotoFlame one.

Anyway, congrats! That's beautiful bass.I bought mine at £330. Wanna create a club?

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1325281030' post='1481821']
[url="http://www.xhefriguitars.com/page7.html"]http://www.xhefrigui....com/page7.html[/url]

Bit of info on the Foto Flames. Including the infamous Hamburglar Necks.
[/quote]

I was just about to post that, but you beat me to it. Yes, Foto Flame body, but not neck. Neck, neck? I've got one up here somewhere for sale, don't you know :lol:

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1325281628' post='1481833']
I was just about to post that, but you beat me to it. Yes, Foto Flame body, but not neck.[/quote]
And mine has the same type neck with the same type body. Must have been a short batch of these basses in early 90's. Somebody gotta know something 'bout that...
[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1325281628' post='1481833']
I've got one up here somewhere for sale, don't you know :lol:[/quote]
Would have already been on the way to me if it weren't for rosewood... :(

[quote name='Immo' timestamp='1325282756' post='1481845']
Would have already been on the way to me if it weren't for rosewood... :(
[/quote]

Isn't that just the thing? For some it's rosewood, for others it's maple. For me on a P bass, it always has to be rosewood, with the contrast it gives between head and body.

Edited by billyapple

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1325283306' post='1481852']
Isn't that just the thing? For some it's rosewood, for others it's maple. For me on a P bass, it always has to be rosewood, with the contrast it gives between head and body.
[/quote]
Personally, I don't like P's with rosewood fingerboards at all, and Tele headstock with rosewood is fairly close to 'abomination' :D
But Jazz Bass looks decent with rosewood to me, especially if 70's neck with block inlay :P But hey, never wondered about block inlayed, rosewood fingerboarded tele headed neck for Telecaster Bass... :P I guess with a proper Daphne Blue or Turquoise Green body that would look great :D

[quote name='Immo' timestamp='1325283817' post='1481860']
Personally, I don't like P's with rosewood fingerboards at all, and Tele headstock with rosewood is fairly close to 'abomination'..
[/quote]
*Crosses Immo off his list of who to try and sell his rosewood fingerboard, tele-headstock, P bass neck too*

[quote name='rednose200' timestamp='1325285102' post='1481884']
Thats a nice bass man. If you havent got the chrome pickup and bridge covers, I'd get them. They arent expensive and finish that classic look.[/quote]

+ 1[sup]n+1[/sup] :D

• 4 weeks later...