Why become a member? ×

SOLD

GCYPbass

aha!

i had the 5 string version of this bass, with EMG PJs... really miss it in fairness, she was stunning - olympic white, gold hardware, black scratchplate, white pickups, and the sound... tremendous.

i only sold because I'm playing 6 strings these days... really regret it now, because the sound and feel were so perfect. very very tight bass - you can dig in till the cows come home, and it's all solid tone. damn!

whoever gets this will be a very, very happy person. the chap who I bought it from had it in a herd of nothing less than £1000 - mostly MTDs (yeah, plural!) and F-bass... and it outlived his fenders and musicmans (musicmen?), competing against the top notch of basses before he finally had to let it go, and i did practically prise it from his hands.

good luck with the sale!

thank you all for your good comments :)

[quote name='Tech' post='168093' date='Apr 1 2008, 11:56 PM']competing against the top notch of basses[/quote]
I agree with you. it is good as much as fenders and musicmans (or musicmen as you told :huh: )

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

MB1. ;)
Fernandes basses are very much underestimated!....tried a lawsuit Fernandes/Alembic series 2 copy from the Manchester Bass Centre (when it was open) this was a great bass,i can understand why Alembic filed the papers, it even had the seperate power supply.......they even copied the case! :P
BUMP!

[quote name='mogli66' post='397619' date='Feb 2 2009, 10:23 AM']Schecter Baron H? ;)[/quote]

thanks for a good offer mogli66 but i don't need semi hollow body except godin A4. Schecter looks cool BTW :P

[quote name='fede162162' post='397739' date='Feb 2 2009, 12:15 PM']guys,'80 japan stuff as Fernandes,Squier,Aria,Schecter,Tokai,Ibanez is great great stuff, and their sounds worths 3 times how much you pay!
and guven is a very kind guy! it will be further kind when i will try his Spector! :angry: :o[/quote]

You are more than welcome to try spector federico, i am sure that you will like it and thanks for good comments :P
This model is (i don't know exact date) early 90's.

and I found a couple of adverts on ebay
[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/1991-AD-Fernandes-Space-Bass-Guitar-Black-Gray_W0QQitemZ370141668934QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116"]http://cgi.ebay.com/1991-AD-Fernandes-Spac...p3286.m20.l1116[/url]
[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/1990-PROFESSIONAL-SERIES-BASSES-FROM-FERNANDES-AD_W0QQitemZ350065687954QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116"]http://cgi.ebay.com/1990-PROFESSIONAL-SERI...p3286.m20.l1116[/url]

[quote name='mic mac moe' post='397843' date='Feb 2 2009, 01:40 PM']I can't believe this hasn'tbeen snapped up after all this time[/quote]

me too :)

[quote name='MB1' post='397878' date='Feb 2 2009, 02:20 PM']MB1. :o
Fernandes basses are very much underestimated!....tried a lawsuit Fernandes/Alembic series 2 copy from the Manchester Bass Centre (when it was open) this was a great bass,i can understand why Alembic filed the papers, it even had the seperate power supply.......they even copied the case! :lol:
BUMP![/quote]

thanks for good comments :huh:

I bought one of these in the early 90's second hand, never knew the model name though!! These are excellent basses and mine has served me well, having done countless gigs over the years. Although I mainly use Spectors now, I would say these basses are easily in the same class as a Spector Euro in terms of playability and tone. Only reason I'm not using mine at the moment is the pots need replacing and Fernandes spares aren't that easy to source, especially when you don't know the model name!!

[quote name='tuss' post='399614' date='Feb 4 2009, 12:36 AM']I bought one of these in the early 90's second hand, never knew the model name though!! These are excellent basses and mine has served me well, having done countless gigs over the years. Although I mainly use Spectors now, I would say these basses are easily in the same class as a Spector Euro in terms of playability and tone. Only reason I'm not using mine at the moment is the pots need replacing and Fernandes spares aren't that easy to source, especially when you don't know the model name!![/quote]

+1
I found the name by chance while i'am searching on the google. i found some interwievs as well and i've never seen a bad comment about them. They are good as much as fenders, musicmans, spectors, warwicks etc. How is yours? Could you please send me some photos of it? I'am wondering about to see photos of it ;)

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='399792' date='Feb 4 2009, 11:02 AM']PM'd.........................again.[/quote]

PM replied............again. :P

[quote name='MB1' post='397878' date='Feb 2 2009, 02:20 PM']MB1. ;)
Fernandes basses are very much underestimated!....tried a lawsuit Fernandes/Alembic series 2 copy from the Manchester Bass Centre (when it was open) this was a great bass,i can understand why Alembic filed the papers, it even had the seperate power supply.......they even copied the case! :P
BUMP![/quote]
woohoo..mb 1..that fernandes alembic was mine!!part exed it in against some eden gear if my memory serves me right..wish i'd kept it now!!