Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Musicmaster bass 1978 - £650 plus p&p

Papalampraina

[b][color=#ff0000]SOLD LOCALLY[/color][/b]

The bass: It's a Fender Musicmaster bass, all original, even the case. It's in great condition despite its age.
The serial number identifies it as a 1977/78 made instrument.
It's black with a black pickguard, rosewood fretboard, the typical 6-pole pickup, 30" short scale, etc.
No cracks, no dents, only some swirls on the body.
Right now it has a mint pickguard with a Tesla "hot-rails-like" humbucker with a 3-way switch (series/parallel/single) and all new electronics. The original parts are in my hands of course. Since the pickups and the electronics are mounted on the pickguard, it's very easy to change from one to another.
It is currently strung with rounds.

Price is £650 plus shipping costs.
I'm open for a trade with a black Squier VM Mustang, with cash my way.

Edited by Papalampraina

I had a Musicmaster my first bass when I was at school, my Mum & Dad got it for me mail order from Kingfisher Music, secondhand and shop soiled for the princely sum of £85 - I sold the bass on of course ([i]if anyone out there has a cream one with a large darker oblong patch on the upper front of the body that may be my old Musicmaster :( [/i]) but I still have the original price ticket and the owners manual! Great little basses - have a nostalgic bump on me.

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1324671387' post='1477004']
I had a Musicmaster my first bass when I was at school, my Mum & Dad got it for me mail order from Kingfisher Music, secondhand and shop soiled for the princely sum of £85 - I sold the bass on of course ([i]if anyone out there has a cream one with a large darker oblong patch on the upper front of the body that may be my old Musicmaster :( [/i]) but I still have the original price ticket and the owners manual! Great little basses - have a nostalgic bump on me.
[/quote]

My first bass as well, also a white one that I picked up in '79 brand new from the Fender Soundhouse in London for £110.

Sold it about 4 years later and bought a synth - remembe this was the early '80's :)

Didn't play bass again for a very long time :(

I don't even have a picture of it now, in fact the closest I've got to any memorabilia is photo of my wedding cake which was modelled as a life size replica of the bass!

Anyway - great little basses that can cop a really nice vintage thumpy tone, especially with those flats on, and the short scale is surprisingly fun to play :)

• 2 weeks later...