Why become a member? ×

Sold: Peavey 1820 bass cab and Peavey Mk vi 400w head £160

BluRay

Hi

I'm selling my monster Peavey 1820 cab (and 400w Peavey MK VI head, if you wanted that too), which I've owned from new. Its just not getting used these days and I need to free up some space.

The cab has a single 18 driver with 2x10 above (which are Scorpions I think - but might be wrong). The combination of the 10s and the 18 works a treat in this instance - sounds huge. A design benefit is that there are separate inputs for the 10s and the 18 so [b]you could run it with 2 amps if you want [/b](you know you want to!!) - they run at 8ohms each, or 4ohms altogether. The "normal" input drives the 18 only.The Hi and Lo inputs are used to drive all 3 speakers together. I can include a "y" connector if you want to run the full cab from a single amp output.

The outer casing has some scuffs - cosmetic only.The 18 is not the original BW, as I replaced it a few years ago (can't remember the make of the replacement but honestly couldn't tell a difference afterwards).

In all fairness this is probably not one for the mini-rig obsessives :D . This is of the old-school, built-like-a-tank variety. It has been 100% reliable - It is an absolute beast and damn loud. Big stages, loud drummers - no problem.

price is either:[list]
[*]£90 for the cab on its own
[*]or - for a complete bass rig - £160 to include the "matching" Peavey MK VI head - 400w amp [url="http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80300912.pdf"]http://www.peavey.co...ls/80300912.pdf[/url] (the head is not for sale on its own, only with the cab). The head will run at 2Ohm - so you could still add another cab!
[/list]
Collection only Derbyshire - S33 Postcode
[attachment=95753:100_1104.JPG]
[attachment=95754:100_1102.JPG]
[attachment=95756:Photo001.JPG]

EDITED FOR PRICE DROP

Edited by BluRay

Aw, the Peavey Mark VI! I ran one of these for years, after I'd become sick and tired of my Ampegs falling apart. Built like a tank (weighed nearly the same), never missed a beat, either. Unlike our drummer.

If you've a strong back, or a willing mate, this is a great rig for very little money.

Yeah, I spent a lot of time and money getting my rig down to a one-handed + rucksack carry, and then because I've got mine in so easily, I get roped into carrying the half-ton PA. Either that, or suddenly there's lots of volunteers to 'bring the bass rig in'. Y'just can't win... <_<

Get this and make the drummer carry it, that's what I say... :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...