Why become a member? ×

Connection query - potentially silly question.

ravingdavies

I'm thinking of buying a TC BH500 at the moment, however the model I'm considering only has [u][b]one [/b][/u]speak-on speaker out. I was hoping to run a 2x12 and 1 x 15 with it and was wondering how you would run the two cabs off one output.

There are no "speaker out" inputs on either cab.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/bh500-techspecs.asp

Any advice would be appreciated.

I you are saying there is only a single output on the amp and the cabs defo only have a single connector each then you are knackered! :D

However, no obvious reason why you couldn't make (or have made up) a splitter cable, I'd imagine you could rig up a splitter lead to come from the output of the amp to split and go to the individual cabs but I've never done that myself. Just ensure the cabs are both 8ohms!

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1324636170' post='1476438']
Normally there are two connections on the back of a cab. Assuming this is so with yours, you'd connect the head to the 2x12 & the 2x12 to the 1x15. They are still connected in parallel & the the impedance would be just the same as if they were connected to 2 outputs individually.

G.
[/quote]

I hoped what you're suggesting would be possible. The 2 x 12 has two ports , one a speak-on and another a 1/4" jack (labelled "Full range"). My assumption was that they were both only input ports and that I wouldn't be able to get an output signal from either.

I feel a bit stupid asking the question really but in over 30 years of playing I've never owned an amp with only one speaker output.

Thanks guys.

[quote name='ravingdavies' timestamp='1324637571' post='1476457']
I hoped what you're suggesting would be possible. The 2 x 12 has two ports , one a speak-on and another a 1/4" jack (labelled "Full range"). My assumption was that they were both only input ports and that I wouldn't be able to get an output signal from either.

I feel a bit stupid asking the question really but in over 30 years of playing I've never owned an amp with only one speaker output.

Thanks guys.
[/quote]

Ah ha! If one or both of your cabs has two connectors then as you've ascertained, you've no problem.

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1324640073' post='1476505']
Yep, the "Full Range" label on the socket means the signal hasn`t been filtered by any internal crossover in the cab and can be used to supply another cab.
[/quote]

Ah! I didn't know that - never come across it. You learn something every day!!!

G.