Why become a member? ×

The Good The Bad & The ugly :D

jojoagogo234

The Good - Godlyke Disciple - I picked this up in a trade here and I just really, really like it. Great neck, great tone, just seems to suit my hands to a tee. Sold my Stingray shortly afterwards because it was never going to be played again. Great bass.

The Bad - 1977 Fender Jazz - never liked it, moved it on. The stereotypical 70's Fender before they became desirable, expensive and, all of a sudden, good (in that order ;) )

The Ugly - I'm sorry this isn't more a imaginative selection but I still think this is the ugliest bass in production. Not mine, can't see the day I'd ever spend cash on one either. I mean, come on. Just... no.

[b]The good[/b]. My Shuker 5, of course. :D it just keeps getting more and more lovely.

[b]The bad[/b]. I expect this will get me shouted at, but... I have never played a single Stingray that has felt even remotely worth either the money or the hype.
This goes doubly so for the 5. Just... not nice at all.

[b]The ugly[/b]. Still far and away the most horrible bass I have ever laid hands on. Terrible ergonomics too. And the sound... ye gods, I had a Columbus Jazz copy that sounded better.

The good... [b]Traben Chaos Core[/b]

For the money, playability and sound-wise its hard to beat one of these I reckon. Had more basses pass through my hands than I can remember in my 20-odd years of playing and I love these more than almost anything I've ever played.

The Bad ... [b]Musicman Stingray[/b]

They look the nuts but sound and playability-wise I just cannot get on with them. The sound always feels to me like there's a whole chunk of low end frequency removed that no amount of eq-ing can restore.

The Ugly

Never played one but they just look ugly to me. This example espcially. Horrible colour.... yuk.