Why become a member? ×

Fender 51 Reissue Precision - SOLD

tomhunt

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!! Thanks for the interest!

I bought this off here at the begging of the year. But, the time has come to sell it. I no longer use the bass and its a waste just sitting in my room. Its fitted with a Seymour Duncan Bassline pickup, not sure on the model. Its got some good thump to it, nice sounding bass. It was fitted with flats but I changed them to rounds as I couldnt get on with the flats. Previous owner had some road worn styling done to the bass. No marks on the bass, maybe the odd little dent, but nothing major and nothing I could see when I had a quick look. I will chuck in the original pickup (if I can find it) and the pickup cover.

Heres what Fender have to say..

The '51 Precision Bass® guitar combines great traditional Precision Bass® tone in a classic package that bass players and collectors will love! It's a special-edition Precision Bass® with an ash body, maple fingerboard and detailed vintage styling. Features include the original Precision Bass® headstock shape, single vintage single-coil pickup and two-saddle bridge. The look, feel and vibe of this bass are classic Fender®, and speak to decades of bass history and tradition. Besides all that, though, it just looks and sounds cool!

Specs:

[b]Neck Shape[/b]: Thick "C" Shape [b]Number of Frets[/b]: 20 [b]Fret Size[/b]: Vintage Style Frets [b]Position Inlays[/b]: Black Dot Position Inlays [b]Fretboard Radius[/b]: 7.25" (18.41 cm) [b]Neck Material[/b]: Maple [b]Nut Width[/b]: 1.625" (41.3 mm) [b]Scale Length[/b]: 34" (86.36 cm) [b]Headstock[/b]: Original Precision Bass® Headstock Shape [b]Neck Plate[/b]: Vintage Style 4 Bolt
[b] Electronics[/b]
[b]Pickup Configuration[/b]: Single Pickup [b]Middle Pickup[/b]: Original Single-Coil Precision Bass® Pickup [b]Controls[/b]: Master Volume, Master Tone
[b] Hardware[/b]
[b]Hardware[/b]: Chrome [b]Bridge[/b]: Original 2-Saddle Vintage Style Precision Bass® Bridge [b]Bridge Cover/Tailpiece[/b]: Optional Chrome Bridge Cover Available [b]String Nut[/b]: Synthetic Bone
PICS:

[attachment=94571:DSC_0256.JPG]

[attachment=94572:DSC_0257.JPG]

[attachment=94573:DSC_0258.JPG]

[attachment=94574:DSC_0259.JPG]

[attachment=94575:DSC_0260.JPG]

[attachment=94576:DSC_0261.JPG]

[attachment=94577:DSC_0262.JPG]

[attachment=94578:DSC_0263.JPG]

I'm looking for £500 + P&P, that will include a Fender gig bag, Original Pickup, Pickup cover
Not looking at any trades

Any more info, feel free to message me

Tom

Edited by tomhunt

As a previous owner, I can say this bass is flippin' great. The Seymour Duncan adds a bit more beef to the low end and some clarity, it's also a lot quieter than the original. The arm contour mod helps a hell of a lot too.

Good luck with the sale! I'd have it if I weren't a penniless idiot.

[quote name='Kaasa' timestamp='1325614790' post='1485261']
Im interested. Norwegian student currently studying in Liverpool. Lets say i buy this - how could i get the bass? Could it be driven here?

Cheers!
[/quote]

Replied to you pm