Why become a member? ×

Boss TR2 anyone tried one?

dandini

[quote name='dandini' post='165114' date='Mar 28 2008, 11:06 AM']I believe Jared Followill from the Kings of Leon uses one onthe bass and I think (empahisis on think) they might sound great on the bass. Just wondering if anyone on here has used one

cheers[/quote]

What is the marshall copy called?

The Boss is pretty cheap to be honest so may just buy that

I had one for a while, but didn't use it enough to justify keeping it. Sounds good with a bass though - perfect for that Julee Cruze/Twin Peaks sound (I'm showing my age now...) No loss of low end that I could hear anyway.

Andy

[quote name='Alien' post='166658' date='Mar 31 2008, 12:11 AM']I had one for a while, but didn't use it enough to justify keeping it. Sounds good with a bass though - perfect for that Julee Cruze/Twin Peaks sound (I'm showing my age now...) No loss of low end that I could hear anyway.

Andy[/quote]

+1. I had a TR-2 for a little while too, and agree with everything said here :)

Very good pedal. Only slight problem is a little bit of volume drop.

Not really into mods but always fancied having this one modded. I think Keeley and Analogman do it..

Think I prefer it to the PN2 but that does do rather good stereo panning..

[quote name='Jono' post='167315' date='Mar 31 2008, 10:15 PM']Very good pedal. Only slight problem is a little bit of volume drop.

Not really into mods but always fancied having this one modded. I think Keeley and Analogman do it..

Think I prefer it to the PN2 but that does do rather good stereo panning..[/quote]

Cheap cheerful and it works very well once you clip the C4 capacitor off the back of the PCB - it solves the common volume drop.

Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='167397' date='Apr 1 2008, 06:18 AM']Cheap cheerful and it works very well once you clip the C4 capacitor off the back of the PCB - it solves the common volume drop.

Hamster[/quote]
I have a TR-2, modded as per the above. Works fine, and can usually be picked up on the cheap, second hand. Combine the tremolo with delay and slowly rock your wah back and forth through its full range for a really cool sound!

[quote name='Johnny Wishbone' post='167558' date='Apr 1 2008, 12:44 PM']I have a TR-2, modded as per the above. Works fine, and can usually be picked up on the cheap, second hand. Combine the tremolo with delay and slowly rock your wah back and forth through its full range for a really cool sound![/quote]

Im watching a few now on flea bay and will let you know what I think.

Not to sure about modding it though as I wouldnt know where to start.

[quote name='dandini' post='167879' date='Apr 1 2008, 09:12 PM']Im watching a few now on flea bay and will let you know what I think.

Not to sure about modding it though as I wouldnt know where to start.

I dont suppose you have any clips of how it sounds at all ??? :)[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...