Why become a member? ×

FS: Fodera Monarch Dual Coils! SOLD

electriccheese

Hi!

I need to sell this beauty bought to elbassisto two months ago, cause my girlfriend will lose her job in a month or so, and this is the last bass I aquired.

It's a 34' scale 4 strings Fodera Monarch, with mahogany body, walnut burl top, ebony board, and dual coil pickups (I don't know for sure if they are Duncans or Aeros).

It's very lightweight for a dual coil Monarch (4,0kg), sounds very good (I had seven Foderas and this one is the best one with dual coils), plays very good with very low action. The preamp works lovely with this wood-pickups combo.

In fact, it plays a little better than my Emperor, but that bass is bolt-on and single-coils, it works better for the music I do. I hope I don't need sell it, but with these times, one never knows...

Here are some pics from the elbassisto for sale topic, I'll attach new ones in a few days (maybe friday)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/153221-fsft-fodera-monarch-deluxe-4-dual-coils/page__p__1369885__hl__fodera%20monarch__fromsearch__1#entry1369885"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1369885[/url]

SOLD

Edited by electriccheese

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1322684043' post='1454567']
do you ever come around london?
[/quote]

Hi!

No, I never been to London, but I live in Girona, there's an airport with ryanair flights to London, but I will only do this for a very interested buyer, cause is a lost of money and time....

Edited to correct some mistakes, sorry for my poor english....

Edited by electriccheese

This bass is really perfect, the best 4 strings bass I've ever played (sound and playability).
The only reason why I sold it to Jordi : I'm definitively a 5 strings bass player.

Jordi is a very good guy and every deals with him are clean.

Good luck for your sale !

Edited by elbassisto

[quote name='elbassisto' timestamp='1322735858' post='1454967']
This bass is really perfect, the best 4 strings bass I've ever played (sound and playability).
The only reason why I sold it to Jordi : I'm definitively a 5 strings bass player.

Jordi is a very good guy and every deals with him are clean.

Good luck for your sale !
[/quote]

Thanks Philou!

The bass is very good, I'm sad selling this, but I have five more basses with a specific utilization, and this one is the only I can leave out.

I have only a soundclip, it's one attemp of Portrait of Tracy. I used only the bridge pickup, dual coil mode, active mode but with only a touch of bass, and a little bit of reverb. Directly from a Boss ME-50 to recorder with the earphones out.

It's the first track here:

[url="http://www.soundclick.com/popibass"]http://www.soundclick.com/popibass[/url]

[quote name='JensWest' timestamp='1323163467' post='1459849']
Is it playwear seen as a dark spot at the bridge pu?
[/quote]

Hi Jens!

I attach some pics trying to capture all the wear on this bass.

The body, back and headstock have some little dings, nothing too big or deep to be captured with my cam...

Little ding on the headstock

EQ pot that is crooked (I'm not sure if it's the word to say that is not straight...), but works perfect.

I cleaned the dirt on the pickup poles, still a little bit rusty.

If someone want a closeup pic of some detail, contact me, please, althought I'm not very good photographer...

It's a players bass, sounds and plays very good, and all works fine.

Edited by electriccheese

Wow, seems much more rusty in the pics than in reality, I will try to make pics with natural light, to be more realistic...

I can accept things as part trade. I have interest in a pedals like chorus, reverb, envelope filter, octaver...

I can accept a bass plus money. It must be a four strings, 1,5" width at nut, less than 4kg, and with frets well leveled to play with very low action.

Hi!

I've just cleaned the pickups and the screws, and the most thing was pure dirt. The bass is used, not abused.

It's an absolute joy to play, today I spent a lot of time with it, and I like it more than my Emperor (sonically). The only thing that I don't like is that I feel a little bit uncomfortable with 24 frets and this big pickups, I haven't enough room to play slap like on my other basses (I play mostly jazz basses)