Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD: Ashbory Bass

pantherairsoft

SOLD

Hey folks,

Up for grabs is my Ashbory Bass. I bought this here in BC about 9 months back having had one years ago and missing it. Some 9 months down the line I've only used it for jamming at home and realistically it's not going to get the use it deserves, so it's up for grabs here!

It's absolutely mint, not a mark on it that I can see. Black, with the Ashbory softcase. I have recently restrung with with a set of Black Pahoehoe Uke strings after hearing they worked great on the Ashbory. They feel much nicer than the original due to being glossy and not 'clingy' like the regular ones, plus black on black looks badass! Tonally they are slightly less 'hollow' sounding, closer to a Fretless electric than upright, where the regular ones are slightly more uprigh-esque.

Also included are a selection of the regular strings, enough to make a full set plus spares. The Pahiehoe strings have had hardly any use and cost £20.

I'm asking a VERY reasonable [s]£170[/s] SOLD for a fantastic condition, rare instrument, especially given the expensive strings are included. This can be collected in Nottingham, or I'll send via Royal Mail parcel insured which I expect will be about £10-£15.

I'd be interested in taking the following in part ex towards the Ashbory...
Source Audio BEF Pro (& Hot Hand)
TC Electronics Flashback Delay
Digitech Jam Man
Boss RC (any of the range)
Decent Bass Envelope Filter (Not a Groove Regulator - I already have one!)
Tube Overdrive, or other subtle warm gritty Overdrive

... I'll get better photos when I have some daylight and my other halfs camera to hand!

Shep

This used to be mine - great fun to play - and for anybody who thinks these are a joke... try one!!...bassier than any "real" bass.

The issues with the stickiness of the original Ashbory strings seems nolonger to be a problem with the Kala strings - I've been tempted to buy another...thankfully I've got my eye on something else otherwise I might be REALLY tempted..

Good luck with sale, Shep...