Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Promethean P5110

Guest MoJo

I need a light portable combo for monitoring myself on stage. I tried the 75watt Line 6 Lowdown Studio 110. Great sound but barely audible on stage. Then I tried a120watt Hartke Kickback 12 which had to be wound almost full up to be heard. I've been looking at the P5110 combo and was wondering if this is the beast for the job. I have my combo on a stand so that it's not more than about four feet from my ears. Does anyone have experience of the P5110 and can vouch for it's performance, particularly the volume it kicks out

[quote name='bassman2790' timestamp='1321692963' post='1441939']
I've taken the plunge and ordered mine
[/quote]
Good man!

The only bad reports I can think of are from a couple of people who got faulty units, which is understandable. When you get yours, give it a good check over. I'm sure it'll be fine.

...and you're in for a treat. They're marvellous.

You won't regret your decision to get the Promethean. I was one of the first on here to do so, and it's every bit as good as any gear from Mark Bass, SWR, GK etc that I've owned. People I think at first wrongly assumed that Ibanez wasn't capable of producing a pro featured portable combo. The name informed a prejudiced judgement of the amp without people even trying it! The Promethean is very portable, very loud, with very versatile tone shaping at a very good price. The fact that the head comes off and can be matched with any cab is a simple no brainer! There's only one other amp manufacturer to offer this same feature and that's Mesa Boogie. Welcome to the club :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...