Why become a member? ×

traded Rim Marseer Custom 6

nobodysprefect

Traded this from Shep ('owredoin' mate?) who advertised in [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/134075-traded-rim-marseer-custom-6/"]http://basschat.co.u...rseer-custom-6/[/url] - the bass is in the same condition. I've not played it much, but I concur with every estimate he makes. Except that this bass may have a better neck than my then or current Roscoe, because of the rolled fingerboard edges. Really smooth playing experience.

So, it's pretty much a great sixer that has all the right features for me, right? Yes, but.. The Nordstrand does a good, if not as good Jazz Tone as this bass (The RIM isn't too polite, which tbh is a shortcoming of the NX6 but I managed to crack the top on the NX6 so she's a keeper.. :) ) and the Spector is my slap sound and Roscoe w/ Roscoe Barts is P on steroids. I've got all my bases covered (heh) and the wife tells me I have to sell something one of these days.

Ships with a gig bag or a hard case, got several that I don't need, the strings are brand new DR hi-beams.

Think about a thousand pounds, shipped, is a reasonable asking price.

(Sorry about the 'starting point' was kind of distracted there)

edited to add: I'd trade for something that's easy to sell here in Finland, like a Stingray, Precision or a Jazz, cash adjustments possible either way (I'd add cash for something like for a pre-cbs! :) )

Edited by nobody's prefect

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1321441103' post='1439060']
Ville - what a stunner - wish I could play sixers. just a bump for a gorgeous hand-made!
[/quote]

Well, if there's a sixer that's easy to make the transition to, it's this one. The string spacing isn't too tight, but it's not 19mm either. The rolled edges of the neck give relief to your fretting hand and the balance is fantastic, and I'm VERY picky about balance. This bass is actually quite small so it's great both on the lap and on the strap. And the c string is nice and thick, unlike with some basses I've had.

So, make an offer I can't refuse, you can always flip this if you find you don't dig it. :)

Edited by nobody's prefect