Why become a member? ×

Ear training game

chilievans

I just downloaded this software on Joe Hubbard's website.

[url="http://www.joehubbardbass.com/473/ear-training/"]http://www.joehubbardbass.com/473/ear-training/[/url]

I just gave it my first shot and scored an amazing 19.2%

More practice needed me thinks.

Give it a go

Make sure to follow Joe's advice how to set the programme, so that you actually benefit from this exercise - his instructions are lower on that page about exercise/ear training - if you mess with it only in one octave, or don't add all 'outside' notes, you're pretty much wasting your time. If set correctly, it's bloody hard in the begining, and can take you from several months to few years to get 100 percent, but it's worth it.

happy shedding
Laimis

since joe pointed this out a couple of months ago, iv had lots of practice with this. At the start it is quite difficult but you can soon get up to 50%. Also make sure you keep at this. I hadnt used it in 2-3 weeks and found i really sucked at it, so regular use is a must! (50 a day is what i would recommend) I've found it has really benefited my ability to hear notes and since iv been much better at improvising with other players and learning tunes. Im currently on 60-70%.

Joe did say when he first did this he only got 80% (after being a top pro for some time) and it took a year before he reached 100%