Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Compacts on offer?

deej

Ha, it's perfectly possible, and I don't even own it yet. I want the compact rig for convenience, and the 8*10-all-valve rig as a penis extension :)

Slightly off topic, but how do these Barefaced compacts fare against the Orange compacts? There's a bass terror amp and compact cab for sale on this forum that is local to me, and I'm slightly leaning towards that route, however a good friend has both cabs and in his experience the Barefaced is the better of the two?

I`ve only used the Orange cab in a music shop, when I bought a Terror, and to me, although it would get plenty loud - well it was hooked up to the Terror - there was very little depth to the sound. This of course could have been due to the lack of eq on the Terror. Whereas the Compact - whatever you put into it, it will put it out.

I think, from my experience with the Compact as an owner, and limited use of the Orange, I would use the Compact as a standalone at a gig no worries, but with the Orange the only time I would use it at a gig would be if I were going through FOH, so using it purely for on-stage volume. I didn`t get enough depth of sound from it to think it would fill a venue.

Also depends on what type of music though. I play punk - I need a big bass sound.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='The Goatreich' timestamp='1322476695' post='1451132']
Ha, it's perfectly possible, and I don't even own it yet. I want the compact rig for convenience, and the 8*10-all-valve rig as a penis extension :)

Slightly off topic, but how do these Barefaced compacts fare against the Orange compacts? There's a bass terror amp and compact cab for sale on this forum that is local to me, and I'm slightly leaning towards that route, however a good friend has both cabs and in his experience the Barefaced is the better of the two?
[/quote]

Depends on what you want.. The Terror Bass with BF are great. I've currently got the TB with sp210 which is great, but I met a another BC'er with a BF Midget and the TB and I want to change it for midget... looking at your Myspace, I don't think the orange will hit all the spots.. Head down the direction you're going.. get the compact and then maybe later the midget or another compact.. The guys at BF with give you good advice

Edited by algmusic

[quote name='algmusic' timestamp='1322478151' post='1451153']
....Head down the direction you're going.. get the compact and then maybe later the midget or another compact....
[/quote]
+1

[size=4]If 1 Compact is great then 2 should cover any situation.[/size]