Why become a member? ×

Thanks!! Ashdown LB-30! Li'l R.........!

rodl2005

Just wanted to say a big THANKS to WALBASSIST-in particular- & others who helped me with regards to my purchasing a Li'l Bastard 30.
It's a Li'l Ripper for sure!! Played it at our Motown Show rehearsal a cuppla nites ago & it did the job sweetly!!

Used it that night thru my Bergantino AE212 ( this was the day the amp arrived -bought 2nd hand from a guy on other side of the country) as I was going to use my 'do it all/back up amp- GB Shuttle 6.0 - so the Berg AE212 was just the cab that was with me that day.

Here's a pic of it with the AE212 & my (Aus made) Mallioux J5. (I used a Fender P with flats for the actual rehearsal)

The LB-30 really whooped thru that cab. I had plenty of volume- clean even- & we were generating a fair volume as this is a 12 piece band( 3 lead vocalists, 3 horns, drums[hard hitter!!!], guitar, keys, bass, & percussion) .

I'm going to use the LB-30 for this band's shows - 3 in Dec. including NYE at the city's foremost festival at the docks- of course it's only stage volume needed for these shows, & a DI out & mic'd cab will be used. After playing this same festival last year & using my SVTII it'll be fun to be using a 10th of the power this time around.

It really kicks through enough speakers. Sure thru just the ONE 12" or even a single 15" it's easy to get it into overdrive at fairly low volumes, but add another 15" (as I did at last night's gig) & it's a fairly loud li'l beast.

I MIGHT swap the V1 pos tube to a lower gain 12AU7 just to see how it goes, but, consider me happy at the moment.

So a big thanks to all that helped me prior to getting this amp. Appreciated.

Rod

[b][size=5][sub]Thanx guys! I've had the AE212 for over a year probly- got it soon after they arrived in Aus. I am floored by the tone of the LB-30 thru just about ANY cab! unlike some "tubey" sounding new amps that only seem to sound good thru a certain cab or type of cab. I've been there & don't wanna go there again. [/sub]
[sub]Sure I've got my Mesa Walkabout which will do the tubey thing better than ANY non all tube amp I've ever played, but U just can't go past real tubes for that sound!!!![/sub]
[sub] So far I've played the LB-30 thru:-[/sub]
[sub]Bergantino AE112- LOVELY & biting. [/sub]
[sub]AE212 - sweet tubey smooth & lush, but still punchy ,[/sub]
[sub]2 x Mark Bass HR115's Sweet 15" & tube amp sound. Hard to beat![/sub][/size][/b]
[sub][size=5][b]I played a gig at a med.sized club last Fri with our 8 piece funk/soul band-used the 2 x 115's & had it DI'd tho I only had a small amount in the FOH PA. I had it cranking onstage. Fun fun[/b][/size]![/sub]

Edited by rodl2005