Why become a member? ×

Squier Jazz used by Space

Shambo

Apparently "gawd loves a tryer", and full marks must be given for the £500 buy it now price quoted for this unremarkable Squier Jazz bass, unless the provenance of being played on a couple of 90's indie pop albums is worth about £450. I liked Space's quirky scouse scallywag pop, and I've got the two albums in question, but not enough to bid for this particular instrument. I wonder what the reserve is?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SQUIER-Jazz-Bass-Used-SPACE-SHACK-MORE-/370558487279?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item564701caef

• 2 weeks later...

He's going for another go around, £144 wasn't enough to beat the reserve first time, though I would have thought it was plenty. Space are playing a reunion in December which apparently, "means that the collectable value of this item will soar."

• 2 weeks later...

It would be interesting to see how much he thinks it's worth. Fair enough if it was Manis from the stone roses and it was all Jackson pollocked, it might be worth a few grand but a session guitar used by some long forgotten mediocre indie types is simply delusional to expect more than the going rate.